Search This Blog

Friday, June 12, 2009

"Snow White" (1937) [Series] - Snow White Pencil

This is a great pencil of Snow White from the Ingeborg Willy Scrapbook. I used this image for the cover of the book I developed that included all the images from the Scrapbook -- which I was selling at cost. As some may recall, I pulled the book after some concern about publication rights. By the way, I'm STILL waiting for the folks at Disney to issue an "OK" so I can put the book back in circulation.

There are a number of fantastic images in the Scrapbook and this is one of 3 or 4 that I think are exceptional. By the way, the image had separated from the scrapbook page and the darker sections in the corner are where the glue was applied and scanning process makes the sections appear much darker.

Snow White Pencil (click to enlarge)


----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Ingeborg Willy’s Scrapbook” (1936-1937). A scrapbook of photos, pencil drawings and other items put together by Ingeborg Willy, who was an inker for Disney from 11/23/36 to 11/26/41 and who died in 1999. Acquired 1998. SeqID-0243 Updated: 7/28/2005

No comments:

Post a Comment