Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2009

"Snow White" (1937) [Series] - Courvoisier and Pencil of Sneezy

More of the "Snow White" material in the Cowan Collection....


This was one of the early Courvoisier items we picked up in 1998. I wasn't that crazy about the pose, but it looked like a nice representation of the Courvoisier items (and it seemed to fit in with some of the other Courvoisier items we had. About the same time, we acquired the Ingeborg Willy Scrapbook but the pages were so fragile, I decided to leave it in storage until I had the time to do a complete scanning of the material.

After I finished scanning the material and creating individual images from the larger pages, I was struck by how similar one of the pencil drawings was to a Courvoisier we had on the wall. When I compared the two, they appeared to be almost identical! The coincidence is pretty dramatic. I'd love to frame the pencil and hang it near the Courvoisier, but that would mean cutting up the Scrapbook and I'm not ready to destroy a single page of an amazing historical document.

Sneezy In Two Media




----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Snow White” (1937) Courvoisier cel and background of Sneezy asleep, laying back in star field. [Image: 6.5"W x 5.5"H. Frame: 12-3/4"W x 11-3/4"H] Acquired 1998. SeqID-0438 8/7/2005

Image of SeqID-0438 from SeqID-0243. From “Ingeborg Willy’s Scrapbook” (1936). SeqID 0243 Ingeborg Willy was an inker for Disney from 11/23/36 to 11/26/41 (Dave Smith @ Disney).

No comments:

Post a Comment