Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Temporary Problem

Sorry...

I've had a problem with my image files being corrupted on my Network Attached Drive.

Since I have almost 300 GB of images associated with the Collection (far too much for the laptop), I put everything on a network hard drive. A great solution. This way I could access my image files from any computer in the house!

Well, everything was great until the hard drive started to develop some bad sectors and slowly began trashing files and my only backup is back in Colorado...

So, I ordered another Network device. This time my Network Drive consists of two 1GB drives running in a RAID1 (mirrored) configuration. Instead of writing my image data to a single disk drive, the RAID1 hard drive controller writes the same data to two drives at a time, providing some redundancy. Well, that's the theory... Time will tell. At least the Network Drive sends me emails when it feels sick...

Sorry about the lack of activity. I'll have some new stuff up soon.

Bob

1 comment:

  1. Get well soon! There is quite the flu bug going around...my wife, 4 year old, 6 year old and myself were all down for a week...but we've rebooted and seem to be okay - at this point in time no data appears to have been lost! :)

    ReplyDelete