Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2009

"Country Cousin" (1936) [Series] - Monty Pencils

Boy, I really didn't like Monty when I first saw this film. While growing up, every once and a while I would be put into social situations with kids from "Country Club" families and, it seemed to me, that they would go out of their way to point out my ignorance in the "social graces." To me, Monty personified those self-absorbed creeps.

But as the film rolled along, Monty did redeem himself by taking care of the intoxicated Abner.

However, as I re-read what I just typed, I guess I still don't care for Monty. From my perspective, whenever Monty looked down his nose at Abner, he was looking down his nose at me.... Damn, I hate all this garbage I lug around...

Monty


----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Country Cousin” (1936). Pencil sketch of Monty holding up finger to say "sush" Notes: "TR #40 Feet and Tail"; "44"; "PD" Slight stain on lower right. [Unframed item: 12”Wx10”H] Acquired 2000. SeqID-0464

From “Country Cousin” (1936). Pencil Director's drawing of Monty. Monty on left holding out hand. "54-55-56" "54A" "BA" [Unframed item: 12"Wx10”H] Acquired 2000. SeqID-0461

No comments:

Post a Comment