Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Harry Holt (2 of 2)

When I first started to "blog," I didn't know what to expect.

I've have been very surprised by some of the unexpected results from my postings -- some of the images in the Collection are now part of a Disneyland attraction, featured in several new books, used by other web sites (most provide a credit and several pass the images off as their own), and I've met a number of very interesting people from all corners of the globe.

A number of comments have come back as a result of my Harry Holt posting. It would seem that may folks trace the start of their collecting journey to Harry. And a number have expressed very warm feelings about their encounters with him.

I thought you might be interested in an email I received from Ross Anderson...

I enjoy reading your blog. Thank you for sharing items from your collection, but a special thank you for the research work and putting the items in context for us.

I remember seeing Harry Holt at WDW and thinking he was just another talented local crew member. I had no idea of his pedigree, which is only becoming available now…as a consequence of generous folks such as yourself. I found a photo I took of Harry back in 1991. In case you don't have one, you may want to include it in the file with his drawings.


Regards,

Ross Anderson, Brockville, ON Canada

You might be able to see some of the artwork he produced by enlarging the items on the wall.

I'm pretty sure this was taken at "Tony's" just inside the park -- which is were we picked up 1 of his items. It seems like we picked up the other drawing from another location, but I can't seem to remember which of the 2 or 3 other locations might have been his work area.

Ross, thanks so much for sharing your recollections we me -- and "Thanks" for letting me share your email and photo with those that read this blog....

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment