Search This Blog

Sunday, January 4, 2009

"Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips" (1944) - Hitler and Hirohito Pencils

There were a couple of comments on my posting of items from World War II. So, I pulled out these from the Bugs Bunny film...

Hitler and Hirohito Pencils


Here's how I framed them...


----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips” (1944). Hitler jumping up and down on book. A good image of the face. "21" Back: "$1100 -- rare!" With some red line corrections. [12”W x 9.5H] SeqID 0284. Goes with SeqID 0285
Bugs Fifty: Apr 22, 1944; Supervisor I. Freleng; Animation Gerry Chinquy; Bugs battles Japanese on South Pacific Island; Merrie Melodies.

From “Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips” (1944). Pencil sketch of Emperor Hirohito (Tojo) lighting a bomb. "51" "FIN" in red. [12”W x 9.5H]
Bugs Fifty: Apr 22, 1944; Supervisor I. Freleng; Animation Gerry Chinquy; Bugs battles Japanese on South Pacific Island; Merrie Melodies.

1 comment:

  1. I think your Hitler drawing is actually from "Scrap happy Daffy." Hitler doesn't appear in "Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips."

    ReplyDelete