Search This Blog

Friday, December 5, 2008

"Unknown Fleischer Film" (circa 1930's) - Shane Miller Watercolor

Merry Christmas and Season's Greetings!

Since I will be away for part of December, I thought this would be a good opportunity to post some Christmas/Holiday related art. To see other holiday related items, select "Category-Holiday" from the "Content by Category" list on the right.


Even though I don't know the film this is from, it is a fantastic image for this Christmas season. Shane was an outstanding artist and the light/shadow in this nighttime watercolor is really amazing. This digital image does not capture the real beauty of Shane's work - the full tonal range, strokes and the overwhelming sense of wonder that seems to jump from the page. I hope you enjoy it....

Shane Miller Watercolor


By the way, if anyone can tell me the film this is from I would appreciate it... Just to clarify, the piece was a gift and I was told this was from a Fleischer film but there are no notes on the front or back of the piece. If this is from another film, let me know.

----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From an Unknown Fleischer film (circa 11930’s). Watercolor of 3 Wise men. 8.8w X 6.25" Watercolor by Shane Miller (although there is no indication of Miller on the piece). Wise men are on camels looking at the Star during the evening, with a strong green cast to the image. Miller was one of the top artists that worked on Guliver's Travels and Mr. Bug. [Item: unframed 8.75"W x 6.25"H] Acquired 1999. SeqID-0422 11/29/2008

No comments:

Post a Comment