Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Mail Pilot" (1933) - Pencil of Hanger (2 of 20)

As a pilot, I tended to pick up items with an aerospace theme. The 1933 film "Mail Pilot" caught my attention and I ended picking up a number of items from the film. I thought I share the group with you.

The "goofoid" figures were an interesting introduction in these early films. Both pigs and goofoid characters showed up as background characters.

I liked this image for its rendering of movement as the mail bags were removed from the airplane.

Pigs & "Goofoid" Characters in Hanger


----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Mail Pilot” (1933). Pencil layout drawing of activity just outside one of the hangers. Pigs and Goofoid figures working on planes and loading other planes. Note: Signs say “Mail.” [Image: 12"W x 8-5/8"H; 2-hole] Acquired 1993. SeqID-0070 7/15/2005

No comments:

Post a Comment