Search This Blog

Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Mail Pilot" (1933) - Mickey & Pete Pencils (5 of 20)

As a pilot, I tended to pick up items with an aerospace theme. The 1933 film "Mail Pilot" caught my attention and I ended picking up a number of items from the film. I thought I share the group with you.

Mickey Climbs The Mountain While Pete Waits In The Clouds

These were some of the first "Mail Pilot" sheets I picked up. When I looked at them, I thought it might be interesting to frame them together -- with Pete lying in wait for Mickey to emerge over the mountain. I liked the result and had the piece on my office wall for years.

Probably one of the best bits I've seen is in the Pete's sheet where he uses an anchor to keep his plane from flying away while Pete hides in the cloud waiting for Mickey.


----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Mail Pilot” (1933). Two early pencil sketches. Left: Mickey flying his plane with two frames marking the start and end of a zoom. Right: Pete (also known as “Black Pete” & “Peg Leg Pete”) is hiding in a cloud. [Image: Left: 12"W x 8.5"H, Right: 12"W x 8.5"H: Frame: 33.5"W x 20.5"H; both 2-hole] Acquired 1989. SeqID-0074 8/3/2005

No comments:

Post a Comment