Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Mail Pilot" (1933) - Mickey Gets A New Prop (12 of 20)

As a pilot, I tended to pick up items with an aerospace theme. The 1933 film "Mail Pilot" caught my attention and I ended picking up a number of items from the film. I thought I share the group with you.

This is a really great image and a great gag... Mickey looses his propeller and the airplane heads for the ground. Just before the crash, Mickey runs into a windmill and the windmill blades become his new prop! I seem to recall several other cartoons (other than Disney) that have used this gag in one form or another. In looking at the image again, I'm not sure what Mickey did to replace the missing wings!

Nice doodles on the page!

Mickey And Windmill Gag

----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Mail Pilot” (1933). Mickey in plane flying out of control. Swooping down with his hands up in the air. Wings are off the plane. Flying buy a wind mill where he uses the windmill to replace his propeller. Unusual 2-hole punch on the left side of the page. 2-hole. [Unframed Item: 12"W x 8-5/8"W] Acquired 1995. SeqID-0255 8/14/2005

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your website
    I made with photoshop backgrounds for myspace or youtube and
    more my backgrounds: WOW power levelaing
    take care and thank youa again!

    ReplyDelete