Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2008

"Mail Pilot" (1933) - Air Mail Truck (9 of 20)

As a pilot, I tended to pick up items with an aerospace theme. The 1933 film "Mail Pilot" caught my attention and I ended picking up a number of items from the film. I thought I share the group with you.

A nice item showing the stretch to simulate speed. The sight gag of the old style cannon on the top of the truck is a great addition. Given that the rest of the truck is heavily drawn, my guess is that the cannon is a later add-on

Heavily Armed Mail Truck!

----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Mail Pilot” (1933). Black and red pencil sketch of armored truck with "Air Mail" on the side and numerous guns pointing out. Notes: "5" [Unframed Item: 12"W x 8-9/16"H. Inner: 9-3/16"W x 6-7/8"H] Acquired 1995. SeqID-0250 8/14/2005

No comments:

Post a Comment