Search This Blog

Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Mail Pilot" (1933) - 48-Inch Pencil Pan Background (6 of 20)

As a pilot, I tended to pick up items with an aerospace theme. The 1933 film "Mail Pilot" caught my attention and I ended picking up a number of items from the film. I thought I share the group with you.

When I first saw this HUGE 48-inch pencil pan background I couldn't put it down. It seemed that every place I looked there was another interesting sketch element. AND there were control towers and other features that showed signs of being erased!

48-Inch Pencil Pan Background

On the right side, a fantastic image of Goofoid characters carrying money bags from the armored car into the hanger.

ENJOY LOOKING THEM OVER!

----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Mail Pilot” (1933). A very unusual wide pan pencil background of the airfield in Mail Pilot. Note: Shows “Air Mail Hangar” sign and hangar where the armored car drives up and the money is unloaded. Also features "Goofoid" characters that existed before Goofy was developed. [Image: 47-3/8"W x 9"H. Frame: 56.5"W x 18.25"H; several sheets taped to each other with a 2-hole registration page on the right] Acquired 1987. SeqID-0075 7/15/2005

No comments:

Post a Comment