Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2008

Linemar "Pluto the Drum Major" Toy (circa 1955)

I have a number of old toys, but most are items that I played with when growing up or picked up over the years. This Pluto wind-up is different... This guy is in MINT condition and the box is in very good shape as well. Plus it still works great! The only problem with getting these mint condition toys is that you want to protect them and store them in glass containers that make it difficult to pull 'em out and play with!!! I've come to believe that half the fun is pulling out the toys and playing with them (or letting other adults play with them)! At any rate, it is nice to have a few things that look almost as good as when they were purchased...

Linemar "Pluto the Drum Major" Wind-up Toy (circa 1955)

Oh, since I always look for that special "connection" when I buy items I should mention that my mom taught baton twirling for as long as I can remember. When I was growing up, there was a steady stream of students finding their way to our basement or the backyard. I took lessons for a few years and tried the Drum Major bit, but just couldn't get into it (much to my mother's dismay). However, the experience will be with me forever and this Pluto toy seemed to take me back to those days gone by...

----- DATABASE NOTES -----

Linemar “Pluto the Drum Major” mechanical toy (circa 1955). A Linemar Toys "Pluto the Drum Major" wind-up toy. Made in Japan between 1950 and 1960. With original box in mint condition. Paint on Pluto is mint as well. Acquired 2000. SeqID-0530 Updated: 9/7/2005

No comments:

Post a Comment