Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"The Jazz Fool" (1929)-Ub Iwerks Pencil of Mickey (?)

OK, here's another example of me buying something that I liked, without really knowing the image's history.

Possibly from "Jazz Fool" (1929) - Possibly Drawn By Ub Iwerks


The image is a little on the small side -- maybe 3-inches tall. In this drawing, Mickey has the pie shaped cut-outs in his pupil, which was introduced in "The Jazz Fool." I liked Mickey's expression (in spite of the megaphone) and I liked the color in the megaphone.



Was this drawn by Ub Iwerks? Frankly, I don't know. But it's a great early Mickey!

----- DATABASE NOTES -----

Pencil sketch of Mickey and megaphone that may be from the “Jazz Fool” (1929) and may have been drawn by Ub Iwerks. [9Wx8H] SeqID-0014

No comments:

Post a Comment